Posted to alt.home.repair
Steven L Umbach

Default Repair toy steam engine

Oh yeah! Watching the water boil was half the fun not to mention the anxiety
of waiting for it to start boiling to know you were on your way to seeing
the flywheel cranking. I watched a show on the history channel about steam
locomotives a while back. Occasionally they would blow up with a mess of
dead bodies and they would find ton pieces of cast iron from the engine
hundreds of yards away. --- Steve

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message
nk.net...
All this talk about steam engines makes me nostalgic for the one I
had. Mine was heated electrically and I got it back in the mid-1950s.

Sorry but electrically heated seems to defeat the purpose!

I notice that they all have water sight windows now which mine lacked. I
suppose some people were running them dry, overheating, and having the end
caps--probably brazed on--blow off.