Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help, trying to sell and I feel like there's a rat....

19. Edwin Pawlowski Jan 13, 11:57 am

So what? It comes down to price. If the house is overpriced the buyer

should walk away. If it is a bargain in spite of the repairs needed,
the
buyer should grab it.

I agree with that, but apparently lots of people, including you, seem
to have a problem with a buyer doing a home inspection and finding real
problems. Leaking drain pipes, water pipes, foundation problems and
electrical connections outside of boxes are all legitimate issues
uncovered by the inspection process.

"Nothing demands that either party give in to the
other."

No way to know that without seeing what's contained in the contract.

" If I was the seller, I'd probably just refuse the offer and move on,
but fixing any potential safety issues anyway. "

Only safety issues? How about leaking water and drain pipes?
Disconnected heating ducts? Virtually all this is gonna get flagged
again by the next inspection, unless you hope to find a buyer that
won't do an inspection, but that may take a long time.

" I'm not sure what is meant
by putting the electrical wires in junction boxes. If the wire is
rated for
exposure, I'd leave it. If connections exist where there is no box, it

should be fixed. "

From the OP: place all electrical wires under house in junction boxes.

That's pretty clear to me. Sounds like there are exposed electrical
junctions
under the house that need to be placed in junction boxes. Just about
verything this inspector found seems reasonable to me.