Posted to alt.home.repair
No

Default crimp connections for 110v wiring

snip
It all works. My only beef is that each box
is a rat's nest, a real wiring
nightmare. I wanted to try and clean
things up a bit, and was pondering
the idea of crimping the connections.
Hence the original post.

I actually think I'll get a good crimping tool and
try some crimps, but *NOT* in the kitchen.
Instead, I'll just pick a simple place and try one.

snip

Yea - I can see the benefits of crimps if they will take up less room in the
jbox. Downside is that this is a fairly complicated setup. Crimps are
permanent, if you use them you better make sure you do it correct the first
time. Also, please label and diagram everything and save the manuals. One of
us may someday be living in your house and by having this well documented
will save us the headaches if something goes wrong.

Also, may I suggest - get a couple of spare switches and a spare controller
and a spare anything that is proprietary. This sort of technology seems to
change pretty quickly. 5 or 10 years from now when a wall switch fails you
will have a hell of a time finding a replacement if I were to bet. And one
will fail someday.

Anyway - your setup sounds nice. I am going to research this solution for
myself as well.