Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
zxcvbob

Default Asbestos testing in NJ

Sasha wrote:

I wonder if anyone has done testing of sample for asbestos in NJ. How
expensive is it and reliable results are? I have vinyl tile floor in my
basement workshop and 40% of tiles peeled up or otherwise broke and I
concern about tiles contained asbestos. So I am thinking about
submitting a piece of a tile to an asbestos testing lab. Is it worth
doing? If asbestos is indeed found what's the best way to address the
problem? Cover entire workshop floor with modern vinyl tiles?

Are they 9" tiles or 12"?

I wouldn't waste my money testing them; I'd just peel them up and send
'em to the landfill in a couple of plastic bags. Put laminate flooring
over the top of the old adhesive.

Best regards,
Bob