Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Sasha

Default Asbestos testing in NJ

What is poured epoxy flooring? Can I just glue another layer of new
vinyl tiles over existing ones? Will this encapsulate enough existing
floor? I would like a solution that is relatively easy and inexpensive.
I don't care about new floor look. Again, 40% of tiles popped up and
they pop up constantly when I roll around heavy stationary tools (table
saw, jointer, etc.) in my workshop. I also need new floor good enough
to be able to roll around tools. My house is 55 years old, I am the
third owner. Previous owner lived in the house since mid-1980 in period
after asbestos was banned. Unfortunately when I was buying a house I
didn't ask previous owner if it was him to put the titles. If it was
him the titles most likely do not contain asbestos. If it was an
original owner they may. If testing is really easy and affordable
enough I would rather test titles between putting another floor. Also I
am not going to sell my house in another two centuries at least so what
I worry about is health hazards for me and my family and less about its
impact on house sale.