Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roy

Default Question about start capacitors

I would assume 2 seconds would be ok. I know when I was making my RPC
i had some of the start caps energized for a lot longer until the
motor spun up, but don;t take my word for it.. I have been using one
RPC aout 2 years now that takes a good 12 -15 seconds to get up to
self sustaining speeds when its coldl out or its been setting for a
couple of weeks and its been working just fine.

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 21:13:15 GMT, Ignoramus5478
wrote:
Let's say that I am using a start capacitor (like the ones sold for AC
units) with a time delay relay. It is safe for the capacitors to set
the TDR to turn them off after, say, 2 seconds? Or is 2 seconds too
much? Just how long can they remain under power before they need to be
turned off.

\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder! Koi-ahoi mates....