Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dougman

Default Ground Floor Laminate question?

Colin Wilson wrote:
SWMBO insists that we get laminate in the living room.

Got a dog by any chance ? - the noise of them scuttling around can be
quite bad, and they can have trouble getting up off the floor if
they`re getting old and creaky :-}

We've got a hamster!

Thanks for the replies, I anticipated using the fibre underlay due to
the slight differences in level, wasn't aware I should lay it at
diagonally. Floorboards are on short span so laminate can go longways
towards the window.

No signs of damp anywhere, so I'll not bother with the damp proof membrane.

--
Doug
"Doug's cool. He's metal " - Fnook