Larry Jaques

Default OT- Crime at a 30 year low

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 06:13:12 GMT, Gunner
pixelated:

On 28 Aug 2003 04:29:16 GMT, (AZOTIC) wrote:

It was widely reported in the press yesterday that violent and property

crimes are at a 30 year low nationwide.

Only because police departments have been ordered
to loose 50% of crime reports submitted by citizens,
when the other 50% of citizens get fed up and don't
bother to report crime anymore the new crime rate
will be 0. The vote for me crowd will tout that they have
saved us all and will demand the get re-elected and
since there is no more crime police officers will be
used to enforce traffic laws designed for our own saftey,
of course this will solve the budget crissis now
plauging many large cities.

The new police doctrine will be:

We serve and collect.

Correction: "We serve TO collect."

Of course you have cites for this rubbish?

Who needs 'em? Ask any cop. The last few I asked (as I
was being actively discouraged from filing a complaint)
said that a) the perp probably wouldn't be caught; b)
the crime wasn't that important; c) and that the paperwork
involved took them off their beat too long.

The San Diego County Sheriff's Department caught the last 2
guys who tried to break into my home. I was home the last
time and the drunk was fumbling at the back door, about to
break in. The time before that the guy cut himself so badly
after having to go back out the broken window he came in
that he left a trail. (He couldn't get out a door due to
double-keyed deadbolts on all 3 doors.) This one went to
trial and I was called in. While I was hanging around in the
courtroom hallways [I wasn't allowed into the courtroom until
my case came up. I spent 2 half-days in the halls before the
guy confessed without my testimony (I wasn't home at the time
so I never did figure that one out.)] I listened closely to
the lamentation of local city and county cops. It was then that
I realized that the movies had lied to me. =:0 All cops are NOT
on a "life's mission", they're just 9 to 5ers and our troubles
don't mean nearly as much to them as we were led to believe by
our parents and the old movies. I lost all respect for our
judicial system those 2 days, and lost some respect for the cops.
They're just like us. If they are there when you call for help,
they'll probably respond.

So, next time you're in the range, ask a cop if he feels that
his actions have been in any way hampered (either by himself or
his superiors) in regards to crime reporting. I'll give you odds
that 90% feel they have been.

Regarding the cites, they're right there with the Whitewater
papers, Whitehouse bedroom rental agreements, Iraq's WMDs, and
OJ's confession.

Perhaps the hawks are right. A suitable application of copper
jacketed lead will swiftly solve the problem. (back on topic

- - -
Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.
---
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming for YOU!