Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom

Default Help, trying to sell and I feel like there's a rat....

"Bob" wrote in message

"Shiba" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm in the "Northeast Tacoma" neighborhood, just west of Federal Way,
about 1 mile east of Puget Sound. I'm not Seattle, but in between
There are 500K homes just three blocks west of me, and those lots are
half the size of mine (I have a 10K) lot.

Large lots here are worth a 'lot'. The accessor is nailing me for a 74%
increase
this year, almost all on the property, not the 'developements'.

Bob

Same here in N. Illinois...78% on the land. I complained and was told that
to protest I had to show my neighbors were assessed less (all neighbors
increased, too) or find a realtor willing to do an appraisal that showed
they were wrong (min. $300 cost and no guarantee they would consider it).
The Assessors office assurred me that they would lower my assessment when
the real estate "bubble" burst. Yeah, right! The county government decided
to spend $24 million more next year in their budget..give it to them and
they WILL spend it.
Tom G.