Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Spitzer

Default Extra Long Sink Clips

wrote in message
ups.com...
The sink is from Lowes. I was going to exchange for a cast iron, but
nobody seems to carry anything but white in stock - wanted black. I
decided to stick with the stainless.

The trace was the outside edge of the sink, with it upside down on the
counter. Not the most accurate way since the edge is raised off the
counter and the angle you hold the pencil can translate to a 1/4"
error either way. I then measured 1/4 in from that line for the cut.
A 10 cent paper template with the sink would have been MUCH easier, but
they don't give you one. Final cutout should be 24.5 by 21.5 - my cut
ended up a little smaller, but I squeezed it in.

I could not find #6 coupling nuts, but I did find the nuts that you can
recess into wood - teeth on the outside to grip. Sorry, can't remember
the official name. Picked up a few of those and a 12" piece of
threaded rod. I managed to make a coupling - not the prettiest thing,
but its under the sink and works.

T nuts

I have to agree those sink clips are a bad design. Even on the ones
that did not need to be extended I had to dremmel off part of the screw
to get a nut driver on them - not easy to work with in the 2" space
between the sink bowl and cabinet wall.

Its installed, no gaps or leaks so I'm happy.