Posted to alt.home.repair
WM

Default Small white flakes in fridge water (update)

On 12 Jan 2006 20:35:32 -0800, wrote:

After reading multiple discussions and websites about the possibility
of certain refrigerator reservoirs breaking down in chlorinated water
causing tissue-like little flakes in the chilled water, I dished out
the bucks and ordered a new coil-type reservoir and installed it.

Well, weeks later and after countless gallons having been run through,
I see no difference. Flakes.

When I took out the old reservoir, I emptied it, filled it with water,
shook it out, and inspected the water that came out. No flakes.

The flakes for me are not coming from the reservoir. I don't have or
need a filter, so they're not coming from that either.

No solution yet, but at least I know it wasn't the reservoir.

Duh. Me thinks you need a filter. It will stop the flakes.