Posted to alt.home.repair
Steven L Umbach

Default Repair toy steam engine

The plug you remove to fill the water on mine is threaded but the whistle
was just soldered on and fell off on day. I guess I was lucky it did not
rocket off ! --- Steve

"Commodore Joe Redcloud©" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:41:39 -0600, "Steven L Umbach"
wrote:

I have always wanted to get my toy steam engine working again that I got
many years ago but the whistle/safety valve on top of the tank fell off. I
know how to solder and sweat pipes but am unsure as the best way to try
and
repair it and what kind of tool and solder to use and I believe the tank
is
chromed. I have a 100 watt solder gun. It is a nice looking toy and I
don't
want to damage it if it requires some special tool or technique. Where
would
I take something like that to get repaired if I decide not to attempt to
repair it. The manufacturer is Wilesco in Germany and a quick Google
search
did not find any repair center. It looks similar to the one in the link
below.--- Steve

http://www.yesteryeartoys.com/cgi-lo...g.cfm?view=D10

On mine, that hole was threaded.

Commodore Joe Redcloud©