Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
D Murphy

Default What machine tool company is the biggest?

"Ed Huntress" wrote in news:NhCxf.292$r_4.141
@fe09.lga:

"Cliff" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:00:49 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

November U.S. machine tool consumption

Consumption would be shipped?
As compared to new orders?

I forget what they use. I think it's shipments. The AMT or SME may say on
their websites.

USMTC is orders booked. Sales were down slightly over the last quarter. But
they are still way better than earlier in the decade. According to the more
detailed USMTC data that we get turning was down a bit more than milling.
The Midwest dropped off after news of Delphi and GM's troubles. From what
I'm seeing so far January will be strong. It seems like there was a couple
of three months of hand wringing and now it's "WHEN CAN YOU GET IT
HERE!!!!"

--

Dan