Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
Phil Scott

Default York vs. Luxaire vs. Keeprite vs. ??? Furnace

"Harry Muscle" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm in the process of getting a new furnace installed and so
far the
three brands that have been recommended to me have been
York, Luxaire,
and Keeprite. I've been told that York and Luxaire are
virtually the
same thing since Luxaire is made by York, but Luxaire is
supposed to
cost less. If anyone could provide me with some feedback
about these
brands that would be great ... are they good, bad, expensive
to repair,
etc. Or if there's other brands that you'd recommend let me
know too.

Btw, I'm located in Ontario, Canada in case that's relevant.
Also I'm
most likely going to go with a standard 80% furnance since
the repair
costs for higher efficiency furnances don't seem to make
them worth it.

Most major mfgrs have a clone line. identical to the their
first line but painted differently in order to give them a
broader distrubution base without prostituting the primary
brand name.

York is fair.
Rheem is better.
Carriers second line Bryant OK.

that other brand might be OK...I dont know it... they will all
use the same brands of of components, gas valves, and fan
motors. Rheem might have a japanese fan motor in it...that
will be more reliable.

Phil Scott

Thanks,
Harry