Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

Default hand saw teeth protection

All this talk about handsaw cases or teeth protection.

I knew a master carpenter growing up. He sharpened his handsaws. And he had
a bunch of them too. At least fifteen of them. He had a big plywood box
with a handle on the top. He opened it up and all his saws were in there.
Each had a simple blade guard made from a couple of layers of heavy duty
cardboard. This were held together by some carton tape.

And each had the name of the saw on the side. Yep, he named his saws. And
he was very good with his tools. He built good things and took good care of
his tools.

Anyhow, I don't think anybody could much improve on this system.
Particularly the part about being a master craftsman.