Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick

Default HSS Diamont point QC toolholder *Update*

Roy wrote:
Lew, when you used it did you leave the cutting tool sharp on the high
end or did you just round the corner slightly.

I left it sharp (90deg corner). I finished the other end of the
holder today. The first one I put the bit "square" with the bar
and angled both "sideways" and "endwise" at 12 deg. Then for
kicks did one on the opposite end with the bit "diagonal" to
the bar, and made the angles 5deg. With this config I can
use 5/16 or 3/8 bits since the clamping is across corners. I
can see problems in getting into some places with either
configuration. The pictures will be in my "home page" I guess
it's called. ://homepage.earthlink.net/~lhartswick
Right now they are a little big, I have some croped and
compressed but want to add the new diagonal end ones before
I up-load them maybe by Sunday.
...lew...