Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Roofer question

On 10 Jan 2006 14:52:20 -0800, someone wrote:

So, what do I do? Do I ask for compensation, assuming they have
insurance for something like this? If so, how much?

I believe you misunderstand the nature of insurance.

I probably would not have realized that a deck was considered a fine
finished surface that must be protected, either. It would be
hazardous to put a ladder on cloth over a smooth surface like a deck
as the cloth could slide, upseting the ladder. You can do it on the
ground as the ground is usually softer and the feet of the ladder can
dig in.

Scatched DOWN TO the wood? It would not shock me if when ladders were
pit on my deck, it also scratched the wood. Its a deck.

But if it bothers you, talk to them about putting another coat of
stain on it for you.

Its a DECK - do you walk on it? Do you have furniture on it? I guess
I regard a wood deck as being a bit different from the living room
carpet or the kitchen vinyl or even that smoothly sanded & varnished
hardwood in the bedroom.