Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim McLaughlin

Default Repair toy steam engine

You might want to try this inquiry on rec.models.railroads and ask for
pointers to a "live steam" group in an area near you. The "live steam"
railroad modeling folks know a lot about fixing stuff like this.

If you can't find such an outfit near you, you might want to google on
"silver solder" or "high temperature solder(s).

--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.
"Steven L Umbach" wrote in message
news
I have always wanted to get my toy steam engine working again that I got
many years ago but the whistle/safety valve on top of the tank fell off. I
know how to solder and sweat pipes but am unsure as the best way to try
and
repair it and what kind of tool and solder to use and I believe the tank

is
chromed. I have a 100 watt solder gun. It is a nice looking toy and I

don't
want to damage it if it requires some special tool or technique. Where

would
I take something like that to get repaired if I decide not to attempt to
repair it. The manufacturer is Wilesco in Germany and a quick Google

search
did not find any repair center. It looks similar to the one in the link
below.--- Steve

http://www.yesteryeartoys.com/cgi-lo...g.cfm?view=D10