Posted to alt.home.repair
No

Default crimp connections for 110v wiring

"Mr_bill" wrote in message
ups.com...

Question: why even *want* to crimp, anyway?

my answer: space. (a) my house (1969, Cu wiring) used
crimps when built. There are many boxes where there is
no room for wire nuts when rewiring in an existing box. (b)
I am remodelling my kitchen. new wiring, new boxes. I got
the largest volume boxes I could find, but I am using (an admittedly
over-the-top number of) programmable dimmers which have 5,
count 'em, 5, connections for each dimmer (gnd, neut, data buss,
hot, switched load).

Maybe not a good reason, but that's my reason.

BTW, thanks to all the reply-ers for very interesting and
thoughtful comments and suggestions.

Bill

Thanks for commenting back. Sometimes folks take the time to reply to
posters then feel like they are talking back to no one.

Would you mind posting information on the programmable dimmers? Sounds like
they are not X10 given a data buss connection. Why did you chose your
system? Is it easy to retrofit?