Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr_bill

Default crimp connections for 110v wiring

Question: why even *want* to crimp, anyway?

my answer: space. (a) my house (1969, Cu wiring) used
crimps when built. There are many boxes where there is
no room for wire nuts when rewiring in an existing box. (b)
I am remodelling my kitchen. new wiring, new boxes. I got
the largest volume boxes I could find, but I am using (an admittedly
over-the-top number of) programmable dimmers which have 5,
count 'em, 5, connections for each dimmer (gnd, neut, data buss,
hot, switched load).

Maybe not a good reason, but that's my reason.

BTW, thanks to all the reply-ers for very interesting and
thoughtful comments and suggestions.

Bill