Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody

Default hand saw teeth protection

J T wrote:
(snip)
Lay out the saw on some plywood, pencil line around it, there's
your pattern - I'd even put a handle on it.
(snip)
My last choice would be to
buy something. See? It's all so basic. And, you're all upset with me,
and you weren't even the OP. LOL Different generation I suppose - my
first inclination is, "How can I do this myself?", not, "What can I buy
to do this?" - but that's just me. If what you've found makes you
happy, then you stick with it. No prob.

Joat,
Thank you for your reasonably civil response.

Do you get your plywood for free? I know you have some laying (or is
it lying?) around, but if you use up half a sheet on a case for a bow
saw, then you'll have to replace it someday. My point is that you
haven't necessarily saved any money, you've just delayed the outlay.
So something you buy especially for the task may turn out to be cheaper
in the long run.

Now I wouldn't dream of telling you your way is wrong. I'm just asking
you to be more tolerant of folks who have ideas different from yours.
Alex has been hanging around here long enough that he's probably
developed a hide thick enough to take your abuse. But the next newbie
you jump on might well stay away forever. That may be no loss to you,
but some of us will still be here when that newbie has developed into
an accomplished wooddorker with priceless insight.

DonkeyHody
"I'd rather expect the best from people and be wrong than expect the
worst and be right."