Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default high resistance plating

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:42:10 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Brent Philion quickly quoth:

Its mean stuff

I've had cupric sulphate on my arm at an old abandoned turn of the
century mine. Itches worse than fiberglass insulation

She do tingle, don't she?

Try taking a bath in it. It's said to be like climbing down an active
anthill naked. But once you rinse off, your poison ivy doesn't itch
any more. I used some (1/4" copper sulphate crystal dissolved in a
couple ounces of water) on my arm after a night's romp in the bushes
at Bonsall Lake. I had 3 small bumps. The poor girl had it inside and
out, all over her body. Both of us knew of its toxicity and survived
its use. I wouldn't want to make a habit of it, but it sure keeps the
oils from poison oak/ivy/sumac from spreading.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming