Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Replacing conventional gas boiler v.installing combi

"Late Learner" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks again. Now that puts a new complexion on things. Is exemption
granted automatically or does a higher authority need to assess the
situation?

Pls tell me, apart from removing the pump, cylinder and tank, will
pipes need to be changed to accomodate a new shower that is suitable
for a combi. I'm asking this because the bathroom is relatively newly
refurbished - so am I looking at quite a big job? Thanks.

If the plume can enter other windows it is clearly exempt. Also if you fit
a condensing boiler and a neighbour complains you may be made to remove the
boiler.

Check the shower make and model. They usually make high and low pressure
versions. If low pressure get a high pressure cartridge. Virtually
straight exchange and no pipework.