Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
Robatoy

Default Foot wear

In article .com,
"TerryB" wrote:

A little google search and
http://www.shoe-store.net/c/brands/i...enstock/safety
-toe-shoes.html

Safety Birkenstocks..........

Is it me, or are those really ugly? Kinda cool in a Disney sort of way.
Wearing those with some lederhosen, and no shirt, would make a statement
at the hairdressers'.

I think the most important safety item, is to be in shape. In my case, I
shouldn't be throwing around 160-pound sheets of acrylic, unless I'm fit.
All I can tell you, is that through my medical-insurance coverage, I
have a leg up on the potential problems.
I have a whole new respect for the properly educated/trained physio- and
occupational therapists. My PT loves talking about his work. He works
with gymnasts and hockey-players and a couple of pro golfers. He
basically coaxed me out of retirement. "That's not retirement, that's
surrender!"
There is so much to learn in this (to me) brand new field.
Proper foot-wear is very important. Not just for safety, but for your
back and beyond.
After 56 years of ignorant and stubborn neglect, this dog has learned a
few new tricks. The transformation is blowing some of my friends away.

The absolute hardest part, is to shut-the-**** up about it. G

I really, REALLY miss those hard Italian salamis though... man, I used
to love those. Flat Calabrese hot. Genoa.