Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody

Default hand saw teeth protection

J T wrote:

What "need"? Hang mine from the wall, and no prob. What ever are
you doing to your saw(s) that you think they "need" protection? Are you
a registered saw offender by any chance? Me, if I was going to dork
around with something like that, I'd just get a piece of old garden
hose, slit it, and slide it on the saw. For a one-time thing, I'd
probably just use a strip of duct tape. Or, duck tape. Or, masking
tape. I obviously do not understand the "problem" as stated. Also,
obviously, I have no empathy.

Obviously you just felt like being more nasty than usual tonight. Why
you gotta crap on somebody's idea just because you don't see the need?

I saw a need to cover the the teeth on my bow saw so it wouldn't rip up
everything else in the van (including my children's hands) when we went
camping. I tried splitting a garden hose lengthwise to put over it.
Didn't work worth nothin'. Couldn't keep the cut straight for more
than a few inches. Gave up on that idea pretty quick.

Went to the hardware store. Passed a pool store on the way. Walked
around a while in search of ideas. . Came home with some of that foam
tubing they use to insulate pipes. Wished for a better solution every
time I picked up the saw. Found one tonight on the wreck.

Now, how well you think that saw is gonna cut with all that adhesive
residue all over the teeth from the duck tape you put on it?. You're
gonna end up trying to clean it off with WD-40 or something. Probably
slice your finger and get lockjaw, cause I know you're too blamed
ornery to get a tetanus shot.

DonkeyHody
Who is sometimes wrong when he expects the best of people.