Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Default ac filter

I have 2 april air 2200 ? media filters at at 2 separate locations, the
media is good and can last 1 year easily , your environment determines
that. But the housing holding the filter is crap, it leaks air past the
upper U channel on both units, april air came out, the factory rep and
gave a new unit free but it is the same. I found out about this by
looking at junk on the coil across from the filter on a horizontal Space
Pack and had to have the coil cleaned. My solution is rubber
weatherstrip in the U channel. I would not buy it again, why the idiots
cant weatherstrip their filter housing is a joke, a superior type is
Trion? Air Bear, positive seal and no paper to mess with, you just slide
in a replacement. Large media are good , last longer, April Airs design
is flawed.