Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel

Default ac filter

I have an Aprilaire filter system. You should change them every 6 months or
so. I guess they're ok, but I haven't noticed a big difference since it
went in.

I was going to get an electronic airfilter, but I let my HVAC contractor
talk me out of that and in to an Aprilaire filter instead. He said it was
better. I know now he just wanted to sell me filters for 22 bucks a pop for
it for LIFE.

"stevie" wrote in message ...
i'm getting estimates for a central AC system.

one estimate involves installation of an 'Aprilaire' (or similar) filter,
which is a heavy duty type AC filter that needs element replacement once a
year.

has anyone had experience with this type of filter?? is it worth the
extra
cost??