Posted to alt.home.repair
volts500

Default crimp connections for 110v wiring

"Mr_bill" wrote in message
oups.com...

I need some wiring advice. I have managed to survive
until now just using wire nuts for my home projects, but
I am at the point where it would be nice to use crimp connections
in a switch or outlet box, connecting 14 or 12 ga copper
wire.

Toller wrote:

Why?

Because a properly made crimp connection made with the proper tool is
far superior to a wire nut . For a long time many electricians have
used a Buchannon crimper when good connections are needed. In fact, in
some localities, such as in Fort Wayne, Indiana, to this day, a crimp
made with with a Buchannon crimper is THE ONLY acceptable connection
allowed for connecting the equipment ground wires in residences in
order to past an electrical inspection in that city.

This_IS_ the tool that most electricians in this country (USA) use to
make crimp connections on 12 and 14 gauge wires:

http://www.twacomm.com/catalog/model...tm?ref=Froogle

The first time that I bought one it was $28 (US).