Posted to alt.home.repair
George

Default crimp connections for 110v wiring

Doug Kanter wrote:
"George" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

It means the manufacturer used lousy crimp connectors. It's not easy to
find the good ones.

Sure it is, especially if you are a manufacturer. The problem is that so
much stuff is made to meet a price point that they can't afford to use
quality components.

OK. Not easy if you're a retail customer like most people, just walking into
home supply or hardware stores. You might get lucky, or you might not.

You just have to go to a real electrical store. There are at least three
in my area that stock either T&B, Panduit or Amp.

I do agree that most of the crimp stuff you find in the big box places
should be kept in the craft/toy aisle and not the electrical aisle.