Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss

Default Sorry guys, I know you don't care about my neighbor's logging business,but,

Kevin L. Bowling wrote:
: Why are trees dying all over the place? I thought it was just a thing with
: the pines.

Nope. There are at least two other major problems: Asian longhorn beetles,
which threaten all the maples and some other hardwoods, have infested
Central Park and a number of other places. If they spread widely, goodby
maple syrup and lumber.

And there's a blight affecting oaks in the West called sudden oak
death, caused by a fungus. It's already killed many thousands of trees.

-- Andy Barss