Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Too_Many_Tools

Default Cheap drill bits vs good once

""I was at Sears yesterday and saw some one set of HSS drill bits
(little red
plastic case) on sale that sade made in the USA. The newer version
said
made in China. The Cobalt and Titanium ones said made in the USA of
USA and
import parts. I am hoping it's the case that is made elsewhere.

Thanks for the suggestion, as I was going to buy the $60 set of HSS
Steel
bits, but no more.

Thanks!! "

Sounds like the arrangement I found...Sears is discontinuing the one
set of HS drills and replacing them with Chinese bits that apparently
at not HSS...at least they were not marked as such and from my tests
were not comparable to the older discontinued set.

The cobalt and titanium sets were noted as USA made.

FYI...I got my sets for $1 each AND 20% off that...a very good
price....I bought every set they had.

TMT