Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roy

Default HSS Diamont point QC toolholder *Update*

Lew, when you used it did you leave the cutting tool sharp on the high
end or did you just round the corner slightly.

I used mine quite a lot today, turning down some steel shafting to
make arbor and spindles for a friend who want me to make him a wetcut
rock cutting saw. He supplied all the steel......wow, talk about a
bucket of rusty stuff.......I figured I sure did not want to wear out
my inserts and better tooling on that stuff, and figured once I
knocked off the worse crud, then change cutting tools........I used
the tool for it all, and I actually think its a pretty neat tool and
quick and easy to keep sharp......I could have extended the nose
portion of my tool out about 1/4" more and machined a harder angle on
the nose as well and it would have improved overall clearence angles a
lot........Heck yuy can[t have too many tools anyhow, so I'll use it
like it is for now and put it on my ever growing list of things to do
on rainy days.......so that essentially means I'll never get to make
another since the last rain we had here was back in early July...my
ponds are over 4 feet low, and this time of year thats unheard of in
this area, usually they are full to the brim.

Regards

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:13:10 GMT, Lew Hartswick
wrote:
Andrew H. Wakefield wrote:

Thanks!

"Roy" wrote in message

Pics can be seen at:

http://frugalmachinist.com/dpth.html
Regards
'
--

I built one yesterday and took some pix today. I'll post them
later and add a note to this thread with the link to my

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder! Koi-ahoi mates....