Posted to uk.d-i-y
Set Square

Default Dry Lining - Electrical pattress box

-GB-Carpy GB wrote:

Hi there. Just a quick question about fitting a box into a dry lined
wall, so I can fit a TV socket faceplate to it.

How do these plastic backboxes actually secure. It looks like you
just saw a square hole in the dry lined wall and put the box into
that, then mount the faceplate. Surely there is more to it than that?
Wouldn't they pull out easily?

Thanks in advance.

They lock into the plastboard. The the bit each side - with the thread in
for attaching the faceplate - is spring-loaded, and has a little plastic
bracket at the bottom which goes *behind* the board, and is pulled against
the back of the board by the screw. The front of the box has a flange which
goes in front of the board - unlike metal boxes with un-flanged sides. So
when the side bits are snapped into position, and the screws inserted and
tightened, you get a good solid fixing.

If you follow this link:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...4827&ts=25245# and then
click on 'Enlarged image', you should see what I mean.

[I think that the # is part of the link - if it doesn't come up, add it
manually - or use http://tinyurl.com/db6mv ].
--
Cheers,
Set Square