Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default crimp connections for 110v wiring

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message
k.net...
I'm paranoid enough that whenever I use the crimp tool to put on quick
connects, spades, rings, whatever, I will crimp then solder it. The
insulation is partly damaged but at least I know the connection is good
and
won't pull out.

You have the wrong tool. If crimps are done right, it's extremely difficult
to pull them apart. The force you'd need would be far beyond anything the
wires would normally experience inside a junction box. And besides, whether
you're wiring a home or a trailer hitch, you're supposed to route and
support wires in such a way that they will never be subject to the kind of
forces that would cause the crimps to fail.