Posted to alt.home.repair

Default electrical questions GFCIs, grounding, and code

Thanks for the inputs, guys. I didn't put the fridge on a GFCI
(thanks, I hadn't thought of that), replaced all the outlets that
I wanted to, even installed a 220V dryer outlet in the basement
(newbie here) and the electrician is replacing the panel (Federal
Pacific Stab-Lok), installing the surge protector, and hooking up
my dryer outlet today.

And let me take this opportunity to say that drilling holes in
concrete walls is a BITCH, even with my new hammer drill and
masonry bits. Good god, what I pain. I'm NOT looking forward
to anchoring the shelves I'm about to build to the basement floor...

--
Jason