Dean

Default Myford lathe bed reconditioning in Atlanta. area?

"Doug Warner" wrote in message

My Myford ML7 needs it's ways reground. Is there a shop in the
Atlanta area that can do this for less than the price of a new bed?

Alternative: Make a jig to guide on the original, unworn back edge of
the front way, and. taking light passes, cut the worn edges parallel
using a woodworking router and spiral carbide burr..

....and I think you'd be taking it to a machine shop afterwards to have it
reground anyway ! I hope you were joking about the router option. Grinding
machine spindles are about 10 times more rigid and accurate for good
reasons. But not a bad idea if you were stuck on Gilligan's Island.

Dean