Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default Foot wear

I remember noting that R. Raffin wore clogs or sandals while taping a
video or a photo for a book. I think he later corrected this and advised
wearing safety shoes. Maybe he corrected for legal reasons, but a
lacerated or fractured foot or ankle would sure add an acute problem to
that of chronic back or leg pain. Have any of you sustained a turning
related foot or ankle injury due to failure to wear safety shoes?

I have no personal experience with Birkenstocks, but I wonder if
Birkenstock makes safety shoes approved for industrial wear? If so,
they are probably expensive, but may be worth it. An interesting thread
and the subject is also in our archives.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter