Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
mike

Default Foot wear

I think that the problem needs to be tackled in a different way, though
shoes are not to be discounted, a lot of that I believe is marketing. I
think that flexibility and strength are the key factors in lower back
and leg pain. For three years I have done my best to attend a weekly
Pilates and yoga class. The Pilates concentrates on core strength and
the yoga on flexibility. All of my back issues have completely gone
away once I started on this path. I am 45 years old, while this is not
old, it is old enough to start having these problems.

I am pretty sure that if the hamstrings are flexible and the
stomach/core is strong then shoes will not be quite as critical. I hope
I did not offend anyone, I am usually a lurker, but I truly feel
strongly about this. As we get older and the years of sitting start
effecting us more all of these things start to take their toll. I am
not the great all knowing one, but have just found that this works for
me and hopefully for someone else also.

thanks.