Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
CAMCOMPCO

Default Cheap drill bits vs good once

My experience (not extensive, but, still, it's mine :-) is that chinese
tools cut for crap. From drill bits to band saw blades. Now, what I
have found is that the chinese caliper, for exqample, is in fact
accurate to the stated 0.0005 (used a $125 USA to check the three I
purchased for $15 each). Also, as long as your not holding tollerances
to 0.0001, most all of the gauge blocke, right angle plates, etc that I
have purchased check out to be perfectly fine...left unprotected, they
will rust and corrode quicker, but that can be controlled....Just my 2
cents