Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Philion

Default Milling on the lathe Vertical tslot table or vertical millingvise?

I checked in with MLA and found out that for the atlas cross slide table
i would need a mill to finish the casting.

It sort of created a Chicken and Egg situation

I'm looking for this kit because idont have a mill but i need a mill to
make the kit work (And the cost of the local communit colleges machining
project course is $400 for access to the machines and no teaching involved)

I could put the 400 towards a mill or towards instruction so for now
that kind of puts the casting kit to the side and makes me lean towards
saving for a mill

Rex B wrote:
DoN. Nichols wrote:

Hmm ... check with MLA for their casting kit for a T-slotted
cross-slide for a South Bend. It may be the right dimensions to be
machined to fit the Atlas as well.

They offer one made for the Atlas.

http://www.statecollegecentral.com/metallathe/A-11.html