Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Conway

Default 13 amp plugs - memories

Jim Gregory wrote:
"David Hansen" wrote in message

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 18:59:18 +0000 someone who may be Nick Atty
wrote this:-

Similarly, it does baffle me (as someone with two small children in the
house) that I have to have shrouded pins, shutters on sockets and am
constantly deluged by DHS propaganda to put dummy plugs in sockets.

Yet at the end of the cable - for example for a laptop PSU - there is
often a small (cassette recorder style) two pin open socket, just right
to be unplugged and sucked.

Any AC mains socket flying lead with an is dangerous,

Reminds me of a story a friend told me about a place he worked. He was
in the workshop one day when the power went off. He walked back into
the office to see a colleague sat there with a dripping wet IEC lead in
hand dangling above his coffee. He looked sheepish and said "I just
wondered what would happen!"