Posted to alt.home.repair
AND Books

Default Replacing Coffee Table Glass

nuttie_cat wrote:
: Hi,

: I have a round coffee table whose glass top shattered. I want to
: replace the glass but face two problems:

: 1. The base is metal. The glass seems like it was stuck to the round
: metal column coming from the base of the table. Now that the glass
: shattered, there is still a fair chunk attached to the metal base. How
: can I seperate the rest of the glass from the metal base so that a new
: one can be laid on top of it?
heat gun, remove *all* of the glass chards... vaccuum cleaner

: 2. What kind of adhesive can I use to fix the new glass on top of th
: metal base or how can I fix a new glass top on the metal base?
little dab of liquid nail?

: 3. If I want to take it to a glass shop to get it done, typically how
: much will it cost to do this kind of thing? Will they just charge for
: the glass or will they charge for the labor involved in removing the
: old glass and fixing the new one?
get an estimate. it might be cheaper to go to a Big Lots and buy
a replacement round table top, or a whole new table...

: I would be very grateful for your thoughts on this