Ed Huntress

Default Grease on lug nuts???

"Bray Haven" wrote in message
Hmm, never thought of using anti seize for that. I do some crowning work

that
uses a cut out dead center and have been using STP for years but always

looking
for something better. Wonder how the currently avail. anti seize

compounds
work, like Never-Seez?

I don't know, but the white lead and oil that's traditionally used for
lubricating tailstock centers isn't something I think of as anti-seize.
Maybe some anti-seize is formulated like that, but the stuff I've seen is
suspensions of metal particles in grease.

Anti-seize is formulated to prevent corrosion and galling from causing nuts
to stick on bolts. White lead in oil is an extreme-pressure lubricant, as
marginal as it may be at lubricating.

Ed Huntress