Bray Haven

Default Grease on lug nuts???

Hmm, never thought of using anti seize for that. I do some crowning work that
uses a cut out dead center and have been using STP for years but always looking
for something better. Wonder how the currently avail. anti seize compounds
work, like Never-Seez?
Greg Sefton

I've used other things to lubricate dead centers, but, for steel workpieces
that are under some pressure in turning, I still use the white lead. I've
never seen anything that comes in a bottle or a tube that can take the
pressure without quickly producing metal-to-metal contact and generating a
lot of heat in the process.

Ed Huntress