Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default Alcohol Drying

"Greg Lyman" wrote in message
George, with your expert knowledge of chemistry and wood science perhaps
you could explain to the group how etOH can bind to HOH with no
displacement (differential densities considered). So if I fill a glass
with water and then pour in some etOH, it won't run over? Guess things
work differently where you live or perhaps displacement has more than one
meaning.

Eureka!

"Displace" is the word used in the soaking article. One of the definitions
of that word in my dictionary is "replace," which is close, but with the
sense of pushing aside, another definition, as well.

Whatever floats your boat.