Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

Default OT - Now MY Truck Died Too

Bill wrote:
I agree, it's possible that someone might, I say MIGHT, be rushing somewhere
like a hospital or such and you and your neighbor could have caused the
death of someone by blocking a public road. Sometimes the difference
between life and death is a few minutes....

I actually saw what was probably one of those cases last week.

While driving along @ 6:30 AM, a Jeep Grand Cherokee came whizzing by me
on a two lane, 35 MPH road. I was waiting to turn onto the same road
from a side street. I was initially ****ed, but as he disappeared into
the distance, I realized he had his flashers on and was headed in the
general direction of our local hospital.

We have a paid fire department, so he wouldn't have been a volunteer
fireman.

Illness, baby on the way, or late for work moron, I'll never know. In
hindsight, I'm betting on either of the first two.