Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock

Default New cooker - questions for all you wise wise people!

"Lobster" wrote in message
news
Highland Grace wrote:

snip:

Q3. I am assuming that it will be easy enough to fit the electric
oven

Most likely, yes. The only problem I can think of is that if you
are haven't already got a dedicated cooker circuit (which is
unlikely if you were previously all-electric) and if the oven you
want to fit is one which requires a dedicated circuit (usually
obvious because it won't come with a 13A plug attached, but needs
checking).

Assuming that you referring to a 'built-in' electric oven: -
You will need a housing unit secured to the wall and with an
aperture suitable to house the oven.
IIRC there should be a cooker outlet within the housing unit
confines to connect the oven's cable to AND there
must be a switch -within a certain distance (2 mtr?) to isolate
the oven's electrics.
One further point; - read the installation instructions.!
I discovered (!) afterwards that the doors of my
oven came off quite readily AND THEY ARE VERY HEAVY
(but with a 'knack' shown in the manual) which would have
made it an easy lift rather than the 'superman' lift that I nearly
killed myself attempting.
BTW, I placed the oven on a workmate then 'eased' it into
the housing aperture.

HTH

--

Brian