Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Building a cement block retaining wall...

Updating my own thread here - I'm still demolishing the old retaining
wall, and while it's been easy going prying apart the mortared blocks,
one section just refused to budge and I finally had to break it apart
with a sledgehammer...and what do you know, that section had cement
poured through the block cavities just like I am planning with my new
wall. It looks like what I build should hold up nicely.(I really wanted
to find a way to use the cement blocks I'm pulling from the old wall -
I am cheap)

There is the possibility I would have to replace it in a few decades,
but I'm 50 now. If I'm replacing it then, I will be very pleased with
myself!

VMacek