Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Default Alcohol Drying (long & dessicant)

Ralph wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:
(Arch) wrote:

Perfesser Irwin Corey ramblings snipped.

It has also been shown empirically that in humans, chronic use of
some alcohols has an unintended opposite effect than has been
reported on rcw for wood. Surprisingly, alcohol can actually be a
wetting agent in some humans, producing an old soak effect that may
require drying out.

FWIW,SWMBO is an RN at a drying out ranch.

Here's to ya! or as we used to say so thoughtlessly, "HTH".

HTH? WTH? Maybe HTY? Too much JWRL? :0)

Please translate the last line. FUTDK.

HTH - No idea, Arch had a typo or is making stuff up
WTH - What the heck?
HTY - What Arch meant to type for "here's to ya'
JWRL - Johnny Walker Red Label, but I'd reckon Arch for a single malt

HTH! (Hope that helps.)