Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Derek Hartzell

Default Finishing Gloves

I've been using this type of glove
http://www.bossgloves.com/htm/gloves/coated/1SN2714.htm for applying finish
on bowls. I think they cost $6-$8/pair. After a few months I have to throw
them out because they build up too many coats of finish and get stiff. I
have been considering switching to a cheaper glove. I like these gloves
because they have flocking on the inside, a wide gauntlet, and are stiff
enough that I can slip then on and off without turning them inside out like
a thin latex medical glove. I often apply finish to 30 bowls at a time so
the inside of the gloves gets a little sweaty which would make removal
difficult with a skin-tight type glove. I use Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil
gunstock oil varnish as my main finish.

Anyone have recommendations for a glove that is cheaper but can be slipped
off without twisting inside out so I can reuse them a number of times?

Thanks,

Derek